Helmed by Christophe Lemaire and Sarah-Linh Tran, the LEMAIRE brand offers a timeless Parisian style that is cosmopolitan, sophisticated and rich in influences. Crafted from fabrics selected for their quality and designed for everyday wear, the wardrobe is eminently modular—the supple silhouettes and soft color palette allow LEMAIRE outfits to be restyled and accented over time. Pieces from different collections and seasons can be paired effortlessly while maintaining the space floating around the body as it moves. Some elements are borrowed from traditional Asian clothing: deep pockets, sleek design, and the allegory of the perfectly proportioned home as a protective shelter for a peaceful, self-assured life. Workwear and military garb lend practicality and sturdy finishing to the pieces in the wardrobe. The color palette features a broad array of neutral, earthy and muted shades that highlight the pure lines of the silhouette and compliment the face and body.
Each collection is designed and developed in Paris’ historic Le Marais district, near the flagship LEMAIRE boutique on 1 rue Elzévir. LEMAIRE employs a staff of 85 individuals with common principles and a passion for garments that are carefully crafted, from the initial sketches to delivery at the boutique. LEMAIRE develops all the collections in-house and has an on-site workshop at its disposal.
LEMAIRE uses materials woven in Europe and Japan, handpicked for their authenticity, durability and originality. 90% of the wardrobe is produced in Europe and the remaining 10% in Turkey and Morocco. The bags and leather goods are made in Spain and Italy, where a collaborative effort with artisans has culminated in inventive forms achieved through novel approaches to age-old techniques.
Winning the ANDAM award in 1991 inspired Christophe Lemaire to create his own eponymous brand, a women’s collection to which he added a men’s prêt-à-porter collection in 1995. He put the brand on hold in 2000 to focus on his role as the artistic director of Lacoste, relaunching in 2007 with the opening of the flagship boutique and its cozy atmosphere in Paris’ Le Marais district. In 2010, Christophe Lemaire was joined by Sarah-Linh Tran, marking a turning point for the label, which rebranded as LEMAIRE and donned a new logo. A major runway show at Maison de la Radio served as a statement of this new artistic direction. The collections are now retailed at the boutique in Le Marais, on the brand’s website, and in the world’s top department stores, fashion boutiques and online shops.